Monday 7 March 2011

Digital Wallpapers

Today I managed to have several of my digital Photoshop designs printed onto A2 card as wallpaper samples.
I am very pleased with my colour combinations and the scale.

Originally this design was too dark for large scale wallpaper but after using my lighter colours I am really pleased with the effect. It reminds me of a 50's style light blue and mustard yellow wallpaper, with a new contemporary edge.

To begin with this simple red and white design was created for laser cutting, but after gaining alot of positive feedback about the simplicity I decided to include it as an interior design. The calmer print fits well beside a busier print to balance the colours and patterns within the collection. I felt the design was too basic and after seeking some advise from my peers, I added an element of detail to attract the viewers eye.

I love this grey and red bike chain print. This was my first digital design, which I later developed into a lighter colour scheme to brighten an interior. I feel this colour combination will work well as a fabric, to go alongside the matching wallpaper.

This design was constructed from a motorbike exhaust,which I put into a star shape motif and repeated to create another digital design. This works really well with my other designs as it has added texture, whereas others in the collection are bold, flat graphic images.

1 comment:

  1. Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content...Great job, keep it up.
    PrintingMalaysia

    ReplyDelete