Wednesday 30 March 2011

Further Developments and Final Designs

 
 This term I have really enjoyed designing and using the laser cutter to create cut out pieces. They link directly to my initial paper developments as I often use hand cut techniques to experiment with my imagery.

This firework style motif was created by repeating a triple ended motorbike exhaust and making it into a star shape. I really like the detail as it is a contrast to my other large, bold imagery. It is also not immediately obvious as to what exactly it is, therefore is thought provoking.

By layering laser cut vinyl with one of my digital fabric's I can play with scenarios and begin thinking how the collection will look together in an interior.

I love this wallpaper! I know it is very simple, but I think it has just the right balance between the block colour and the detail. I also feel that the colour proportion is successful. 

This giant cog/ miniature cog design is very bold and eye catching. I would see it as a feature within a room, perhaps a large architectural space as it may be too heavy for a home environment.

Here are my successful designs being hung together to see what else is needed to complete the collection. After discussing them with peers, I decided that the dark red vinyl was the one piece that stood out as it was slightly different shade of red to my digitally printed fabric's.
 I have now sourced a brighter, more vibrant red vinyl to replace this hand cut piece. I also felt the sample was not large enough so will create a larger piece to put forward as a final design.

So here it is so far.......


1 comment:

  1. I think the firework pattern is fabulous :-) ooh ooh also the chain link one!

    ReplyDelete