Monday 7 February 2011

For the animal in you...

My last project was inspired by animal markings and the theory of camouflage. I'm interested in the patterns within animal coats/ fur and the idea of concealing or distorting an image like camouflage. 

Layering patterns and motif's created depth and extra texture to the fabric.


My giant giraffe added an element of humour to my collection!



...My final wallpaper selection.

I began experimenting with light and playing with concealing a design by using the same colour pigment as the painted background or fabric. This made the patterns easy to see from one angle, but with a change in light it was harder to see when viewed form a different direction...


...I feel this was the strength from this body of work and want to experiment further and develop this technique. I will use foil, flock and devore to trial my idea in my current work.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE STRONG AND VIBRANT COLOURS YOU HAVE USED.YOUR WORK IS FUN AND INTERESTING.MORE PLEASE.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DEGREE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented. I agree with your dad, lets see more :)

    ReplyDelete