Wednesday 23 February 2011

More...

Here are a few images from my sketchbook showing ideas and potential elements to take forward.

I am attracted to the patterns within the mechanic's of classic cars and motorbikes, rather than the vehicle as a whole form. I have already used the line of cogs for initial screen printing- small scale.

I often use paper cut outs to experiment with over laying patterns. These lead automatically to laser cutting on fabric and hand cutting into wallpapers, which I will sample with.

I like the busy texture in the background and the calmer block motif of a bike chain. I am currently making block shapes to go onto my screens to achieve this effect. The texture can also be created by etching into plastic's and vinyl- I will trial these techniques.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting patterns and shapes used here. Especially like the chains.

    ReplyDelete